Monday, October 08, 2012

Thanksgiving

 
Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada.  We had our turkey dinner last night.  I like to have our turkey on the Sunday of Thanksgiving Weekend so that the kids do not have to worry about fighting traffic when they go to head home at the end of the evening.  Also, it is nice to have the holiday Monday to relax after the preparation of that big meal the day before.
 
We have had exceptionally good weather for quite some time.  Chilliwack has recorded the driest August in 82 years and the driest September in more than 133 years since the start of weather records in 1879.  In September we had just 6.6 mm of rain which all fell overnight on September 10 and 11.  The 30 year average for rainfall for August is 64.8 mm and for September is 112.7 mm.  The last day of significant rainfall for us was July 23.  Further temperature records that were broken were 31.8 degrees on September 8 and 30.5 degrees on September 17.
 
Because of the fantastic weather, we were able to enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner outside.  This will likely be our last picnic in the backyard for the season.




 
The weather forecast is supposed to continue through the week with a change in the wind for next weekend.  We have enjoyed this unusual run of dry weather.
 

 
Yesterday, while waiting for the turkey to cook, I put the last of the stitches in the binding of my fall rail fence quilt.  This quilt finished at 68" x 86".
 

 
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadians!

3 comments:

Linda C said...

Definitely Happy Thanksgiving to all our neighbors to the north. Lots of leftovers or did you send stuff home with the family? Good that you all could gather around the table and give thanks.

Love how the quilt turned out. Also what a gorgeous mum!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love the rail fence and family picnic!

Raymond said...

Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it,  I have read about DR NOGADU the great herbalist doctor who cure me from herpes  with his powerful herbal medicine.  i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! It was really like a dream but i was  so happy! you should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit.  I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which I took for 2 good weeks and today I am out here with a negative result. When I went for the test I was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through his email: drnogaduherbalist@gmail.com or call/whatsapp number:+2347010627760 he will help you out.