Saturday, October 06, 2012

Some People Will Go to Great Lengths to Not Have to Rake Leaves!

Some people will go to great lengths to not have to rake leaves!
 
Today, my husband decided that the Japanese Maple tree in the front yard had to be trimmed.  The leaves on this tree turn the most beautiful red in the fall of the year. 
 
This is a picture of my husband trimming the branches.  I am sure that tree was crying as the branches fell to the ground!
 
 
This photo was taken  November 16, 2008 and shows the beautiful red leaves as they are falling to the ground.
 
 
This next picture was taken November 5, 2006.  This picture shows how large the tree had grown and how much of the yard was being overtaken by the tree.
 
 
This picture shows our house just after we moved in - November 1988.  You can see the tree to the left of the photo - just a bit bigger than a stick in the ground.  That is our son holding the shovel (ready to help Dad pull out the Spreading Junipers next to the drive way) and our daughter in the stroller.  In the lower right hand corner of the picture are my husband and our faithful German Shepherd cross--Marlo.  Boy, this picture takes me back!
 

And my favorite picture involving this tree was taken November 2, 2001.  This is my daughter and our German Shepherd--King.  Dana was raking leaves that year and raked them into a heart shape before filling up the bags with leaves.  The heart shape was not so evident in the picture but I remember how distinctive it looked from the front room window.  True love--a girl and her dog!


My husband tells me that the tree will forgive us for the severe pruning and it will recover.  ......I sure hope so!

2 comments:

Linda C said...

Was the tree sick or just getting too big for the yard or the available space?

I love the before picture---when the kids and the tree were small and Daddy was a young fella. Good memories for you, DH and the kids!

Raymond said...

Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it,  I have read about DR NOGADU the great herbalist doctor who cure me from herpes  with his powerful herbal medicine.  i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! It was really like a dream but i was  so happy! you should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit.  I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which I took for 2 good weeks and today I am out here with a negative result. When I went for the test I was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through his email: drnogaduherbalist@gmail.com or call/whatsapp number:+2347010627760 he will help you out.