Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day With Family

My husband, daughter, and son's girlfriend had to work on Christmas Day. Every one's schedules were different. As a result, we ended up having our Christmas turkey dinner at 5:00 pm and then we opened our gifts later that evening once everyone was home.

In the afternoon we watched a couple of classic Christmas movies.



Once the gift unwrapping started, the paper quickly piled up in the center of the room.


I made my aunt pillowcases from the cutest Christmas cat fabric.

My aunt was able to join us this year from Saskatchewan. This year the weather was very cooperative making her journey stress free.

My daughter's boyfriend was without a stocking so part of his Christmas gift was this Christmas stocking that I made.

This is my son with his new quilt. He had asked for a quilt big enough to fit a queen size bed for when he moves out on his own in 2010.

My mom was surprised when she unwrapped her Daffodil BQ2 quilt.
We all had a great day--hard to believe that Christmas is over for another year!

3 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

looks like a fabulous day Norma. love the quilts and the stocking. can you share the pattern info? my oldest informed me this year that his stocking is too childish for him anymore lol

Linda C said...

The Daffodil BQ is going to look pretty on your parent's bed. Brighten up a winter day too.

Matt looks pleased with his quilt too. New quilt for his new life that is coming, I guess.

quiltmom anna said...

Beautiful quilts and stocking Norma- it looks like you were really were busy creating such wonderful things for your family. I am sure they will be treasured belongings always.
Wishing you and yours all the best in 2010.
Warmest regards,
Anna